May - Books

May 31, 2016

Back down to 5 books this month, but one was a 150 page eBook that took me an afternoon so really we're looking at 4.


Let's start with that eBook shown front and centre up there because it's Ian Somerhalder as Damon. *drool*. Much like last month you know my reasons for reading The Compelled by L. J. Smith and I'm glad I'm done with this particular series.

Onto The Wolf's Gold by Anthony Riches. Can you imagine an army now protecting a gold mine? Apart from building roads and conquering territories, sometimes you have to protect the heart of the empire, even if it is stealing on the side. Once again Riches delivers the heart of the book while maintaining the underlining story of the main character and his secret identity.

The Last Roman: Vengeance by Jack Ludlow is the first in a trilogy of books set in the 5th century which is a little later than most of the Roman fiction I read. A basic story of boy becomes man, with barbarians, betrayal, and the politics of the late Roman Empire. It's a refreshing read.

The Last Roman: Honour by Jack Ludlow follows on with some war in the east, corruption back at base in Constantinople, and conspiracy. Looking forward to seeing how this series ends.

The Treason of Ghosts by Paul Doherty is the 12th book from the Hugh Corbett series. In this we see a lot of murders revolving around the death of criminal 5 years before, or was he wrongfully hanged?

Currently Reading

The Magician's Death by Paul Doherty, the 14th book of Hugh Corbett.

Goodreads Progress

At the beginning of each year I challenge myself to read 52 books. This is one a week, and sometimes I get ahead and sometimes I get behind. Accordingly I often change the number. But so far of the 52 I've read 28, which is 7 ahead of schedule. If you want to see how I'm doing, check out the widget in the sidebar!

You Might Also Like

0 comments